Private Telecommunications Network Licence
A Private Telecommunications Network Licence authorises the licensee to construct, operate and maintain private telecommunications network infrastructure that can carry Voice, Video and Data traffic within a closed user group. Private Network traffic must originate and terminate within a closed user group.
Any connectivity outside the closed user group shall be done through a licenced Public Telecommunications Operator e.g. Public Switched Telecommunications Network (PSTN), Internet Access Provider or Public Mobile Cellular Network.
The applicant shall apply in writing to the POTRAZ Director General indicating the licence required.
The applicant is required to fill-in relevant application forms which should be endorsed by signatures of the approved person(s).
- Private Telecommunications Application Forms.
Download PDF or Ms-Word
- Earth Station Application Form (For network with VSAT Solution Only). Download PDF or Ms-Word
- Application for VSAT Landing Rights (For network with VSAT Solution Only). Download PDF or Ms-Word
- Radio Relay Application Form (For networks with Radios only Download PDF or Ms-Word
The applicant shall provide a detailed project proposal for the Private Network. The project proposal shall include the following:
- Company background/Profile
- Justifications for requiring a Private Network instead of using Public Licensed Operators
- Description of the service
ü Nature and purpose of the service to be provided by the Private Network. (Data, Voice Video etc., speeds (Kbps)
ü The area of operation of the proposed private network.
ü Full details of the premises where the network will be installed.
- Technical information
ü Detailed description of all technical aspects of the private network
ü Configuration of the proposed private telecommunications network.
ü Drawings /Network topology etc.
ü 4Equipment to be used by the applicant
Attachments to be included on the Application documents
- Company registration particulars which include the Certificate of Incorporation, CR14, Government to Government Agreements or International Co-operations agreements (NGO).
- Technical Specifications of the equipment to installed (Manuals or brochures).
The application letter, application forms, project proposal and all the attachments are bound into a booklet (known as application document). A minimum of 10 booklets are required for submission.
Private Network Licence Fees
The Private Network Licence fees are given in the table below:
||Non-refundable application fees paid on submission of application document.
||Annual Licence Fees
||Annual contribution to the Universal Service Fund
Annual VSAT Terminal Fees