The Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (POTRAZ) intends to review the current Consultation_paper_on _DNS_2019
Pursuant to the Authority’s mandate of administering numbering and naming resources for the country, the review is intended to address several weaknesses that have been identified to be inherent in the current framework and to achieve full alignment with international best in the DNS arena.
The objectives of the new DNS framework shall be to;
- Create a framework which is future proof that allows the country to embrace the benefits offered by using the .zw Namespace;
- Ensure a strong uptake of .zw domains;
- Ensure sustainability in the management of .zw Domains.
- Simplify registration of .zw domains to encourage rapid adoption,
- Increase security of the .zw DNS namespace.
- Ensure that there are uniform policies and procedures amongst the various subdomains under the .zw Namespace.
By this notice, POTRAZ hereby invites public inputs or comments to the DNS Framework Consultation paper which is available for downloading from the POTRAZ website: www.potraz.gov.zw or the POTRAZ Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Potraz.Zw/. Any views, comments or queries should be directed to the Director General of POTRAZ or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Public Consultation process runs until 9 August 2019
Download the paper here: Consultation_paper_on _DNS_2019